But first, let's talk about demos. Not your content, but your presentation of your demo.
Here's what you want to do to make sure your demo gets the attention you want.
- Make it look professional.
- Include a cover letter introducing yourself and your work experience.
- Include EVERY way to get in touch with you. We need all your phone numbers, email address, ISDN connection phone numbers, IM chat name, etc.
- Use a printer for your labels, not a pen or pencil. Remember that first impression is everything.
- Send a CD and not a cassette.
- Use a padded envelope for your CD. CD cases crush easily in the mail and need protection.
- Test your demo before sending it out.