Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Oscars

Who do you think it's going to be tonight? I've tried to see as many of the nominees as possible, but missed a few like Atonement. By the time we were ready to see it it was down to one theatre across town. If it does well tonight it may be re-released. Here's a link to the nominees.
I've seen: There will be Blood, No Country for Old Men (I'm thinking Best Picture for this), Charlie Wilson's War, Into the Wild, Juno (Ellen Page WILL win!), American Gangster (amazing story), Ratatouille (surprisingly good film about a rat in a restaurant), Surf's Up (surprisingly un-annoying penguins), Across the Universe (BEATLES!!!!!), Sicko, the Bourne Ultimatum, Pirates of the Caribbean (nominated for makeup and I'd nominate for exceedingly too darn long), 3:10 to Yuma, Transformers (for Sound Mixing...another film that could have used the knife) and did I mention Across the Universe, which I saw twice. You can't beat dancin' Beatles! I'm thinking Juno is going to win a handful tonight. It was witty, original, fresh, fun and reminds you to rent "Hard Candy" which is far from fun, but brilliantly acted by Ellen Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment